Main Event Rules & Regulations
1. Dates: July 1 - August 31
2. Tournament Registration Options:
All-in-One Small Species Event: $25/Angler (Online at Fish Donkey)
All-in-One Large Species Event: $25/Angler (Online at Fish Donkey)
Lake Ontario Boat Event: $125/Boat (Online at Fish Donkey)
(NOTE: Anglers may enter one or all events, separate entries apply)
(NOTE: See rules and regs for each specific event in Fish Donkey which coordinate with these rules)
**All anglers must register the day before they start entering fish**
3. Cash payout based on number of anglers/boats entered per event division or species.
a. Youth anglers (16 and under) may register in the general tournaments same as the adults. There may be
additional specific prize awards for youth anglers (based on sponsorship supplies).
4. Additional prizes to be awarded (when available):
a. Grand Prize: TBD
b. Overall Prizes for largest fish caught on a specific product (picture or video may be required)(when
c. Cash Prizes for overall largest fish entered during the event: TBD
d. Monthly cash awards for the overall largest fish entered each month (starts at 1,000+ anglers).
e. Weekly cash awards for the Leading Fish of each category (starts at 250 anglers in a single event, increments
with the overall cash payout as more anglers participate).
1. Same angler may win more than one week for the same leading fish.
2. Same angler may lead more than one species division.
f. Fish Mounts, large prize items, & additional cash awards at higher attendance levels.
g. Product specific awards - requires either a picture or video clearly showing the product being used.
Picture/video must be submitted on the same day the fish is entered. (when available)
h. Large prize package winners (valued $600 or more) will be responsible for all fees, taxes, registration,
delivery/pick-up, and any other associated expenses. In some cases cash supplements may be added
to offset taxes.
6. No minimum or maximum age, all anglers are considered equal including youth anglers.
7. Fish from other derbies and tournaments can be entered into the Summer Classic pending other Tournament’s
rules and regulations.
8. Ceremony & Awards Dinner: (TBD)
a. First, second & third place winners in the Tournament may be required at the awards ceremony to be eligible
to receive prize(s) and/or money. All other placements are not required to attend but are encouraged to attend
in case of a disqualification.
b. Anglers do not have to be present to receive door prizes drawn before or during the event (door prizes to be
randomly drawn during online LIVE events), however anglers must be present to win door prizes given out at
the award ceremony. Prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winner to arrange for pick-up at tourney
headquarters or pay shipping expenses. Any prizes not claimed by Nov. 1st are forfeited and put back into the
tourney prize pool for future events.
9. Species Divisions:
Small Species Event: 7 (Small Mouth Bass, Large Mouth Bass, Catfish, Crappie, Yellow Perch, Rock Bass,
Large Species Event: 7 (Salmon, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Steelhead/Rainbows, Land-Locked Salmon,
Walleye, and Northern Pike)
Lake Ontario Boat Event: 1 (All Salmon & Trout Combined (Best-5 Stringer))
a. Enter any fish caught in New York State, any place, on any waterway (open water, rivers, tributaries, piers,
canals, etc.) by legal angling method per NYS DEC regulations. Each fish entered must be registered by the
angler who caught the fish – no sharing between anglers (except for the Lake Ontario Boat Event).
1) Fish must be entered using the Fish Donkey App at the time of the catch (ideally within a couple minutes of
landing the fish - no freezer or ice marks).
2) Fish must be free from foreign objects: lures, hooks, and anything on/in it's mouth or on its tail (bait,
minnows, weeds, etc.).
3) Fish can be measured using a manufactured bump board (no home-made boards, no stickers) or a
commercial grade retractable metal ruler and must be touching the 90 degree bend in the board or object used with the tape measure (fish must be oriented with mouth closed - an open mouth will result in a 1/2"
penalty). Anglers can pinch the tail for maximum length.
4) Pictures used for fish measurement and verification must be clear: i.e. the full view of the fish on the bump board must clearly show the head touching the front of the board and the tail with the numbers clearly
showing the measurement. Multiple pictures can be submitted to ensure fish entry.
5) All fish must be oriented with the zero end to the LEFT and belly towards the angler.
The following (4) pictures will be required for all fish entered:
1: Whole fish on the bump board clearly showing the front of the fish touching the
front of the board and the tail making the measurement (no foreign objects may
be present on the head or tail that obstructs the verification of the measurement).
2: Close-up of the entire head of the fish and front of the bump board.
3: Close-up of the tail on the bump board showing the measurement.
4: Angler holding the fish at the time of the catch with some indication verifying the time of the catch -
showing fishing is still underway or the site of the catch.
5. (If using a tape measure) A video showing the retraction of the tape measure back into the housing
after being extended beyond the length of the fish.
NOTE: If using a folding bump board, you must place the board on a rigid solid surface for measurement.
5) Fish caught via bow fishing and intentionally snagged/foul-hooked fish are not eligible. Only fish caught via
rod & reel are eligible.
6) Fish may be kept or released at angler's discretion. No fish are required to be kept for the event.
7) Anglers can place in more than one category, but can place only once in each category.
f. Fish must be measured and entered on the day it was caught at the time it was caught.
1.If caught during another event that prohibits the required pictures from being taken, angler must follow the
"Other Tourney Protocol" listed on Fish Donkey.
g. Tournament ends at 11:59:59pm on August 31st.
h. C&R practices are encouraged but not required.
10. Online registration opens March 1st.
11. An online leaderboard of current winning fish will be kept in real time on the Fish Donkey App & website. An
additional leader board will be kept updated weekly on the Summer Classic website.
12. Length determines winner, in case of a tie earliest entry takes the higher place.
13. Tournament recommends fishing with a witness in case of a dispute, but a witness is not required.
14. Any individual questioning an entry or denial of an entry can request a review by the tournament committee
composed of 5 individuals. The dispute will be reviewed and voted on. The determination by the committee will
15. Any angler dispute must be presented in writing to the tournament director within 24 hours of the conclusion of
the Summer Classic Event.
16. In the event of a disqualification, all monies from the main event and any other winnings will be reallocated and
mailed out after all disqualifications have been verified, reported, and all funds have been redeposited for
17. The NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation reserves the right to refuse entry of any individual, team, or boat, in particular
those who have been found guilty of cheating in other events or offering favoritism in any form.
18. Any cash and/or prize awarded in any combination with a retail value exceeding $350 may require a W-9 IRS
tax form to be filled out prior to release of the Prize/Award. 1099 forms will then be issued for any cash prize
and/or award won exceeding $600 in total value based on the combined yearly total of all events overseen by
the NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation (NYS Winter Classic, NYS Summer Classic, GLSS, and all IPA Events).
19. All photos and videos submitted to the tournament are considered the property of the NYS Ice Pro-Am
Corporation and can be used in any way deemed appropriate by the Tournament Officials.
20. All decisions by the Tournament Officials will be made in good faith and considered final.
21. All participants agree to enter at their own risk and with full knowledge and acceptance of these rules and agree
to abide by them in their entirety, and likewise agree not to hold any person or entity in association with the
NYS Classic, Great Lakes Salmon Showdown, or Ice Pro-Am Tournaments nor the NYS Ice Pro-Am
Corporation liable for any mishap or misfortune.
22. Questions? Email: email@example.com or call Tournament Director Tim Thomas at (585) 330-0494.